Monday, June 2, 2014

Rate Your Family!





Use this self-assessment with your students: 

Your family ties help to overcome stressful situations.  Your family support system is a stress reliever.  
 

Family

Our family is with us through thick and thin.  What does this mean?


Rate yourself by the way you act with family members at home.


 5 – Always   4 – Most of the time   3 – Sometimes  
 2 – Not Much of the Time     1 – Never


            ____ 1.   I make fun of family members who do things differently from my way. 
            ____ 2.   I tease family members about things that embarrass them.
            ____ 3.   I fight with other family members to get my way.
            ­­­____ 4.   I say I am sorry if I hurt another family member’s feelings.
____ 5.   I listen to family members when they need someone to talk to.
____ 6.   When I get mad at my brothers and sisters, I stop talking to them.  They                              have to guess why I am mad. 
____ 7.   I congratulate other family members when they do well.
____ 8.   I call my family members bad names.
____ 9.   I help out at home. 
____10.  I return things that I borrow in good shape and on time.
____ 11. I do nice things for family members.
____12.  I do fun things with my family.
____13.  When I criticize family members, I do so in a nice way.
____14.  When I disagree with my parents, I try to see their side of the problem.


What areas do you need to improve?

___________________________________________________________________

What do you enjoy most about your family?

___________________________________________________________________





Like us here:   Facebook at Counselor Games

You Tube:    short video
                                This is a short introduction to Counselor Games

Website: Counselor Games  www.counselorgames.com
                 Join our mailing list for a newsletter, games, tips, and easy self-assessments!
Do you need ideas for your next small group?

Games and Play, Volumes I and II, DVDs to show you how to use play therapy techniques in the school setting.  Use everyday, familiar games to teach your students anger control, stress management, study skills, goal setting, making friends and more!  Use the strategies in small groups, whoel classroom sttings and with individuals.  Easy to use techniques that can be applied to any age and population.  Get the ideas and make it yours!  Coupon offer to counselors and educators: Buy one, get one free!     Ask for the coupon here:  info@counselorgames.com  or join the mailing list for the newletter.

Get ready now for next school year!






No comments:

Post a Comment