Friday, March 13, 2015

10 Feeling Sentences to Help Kids





     Help children identify feelings.  Use the sentence completions below as an activity.  Combine the completion activity with a game, small group, or individual activity. 

      Complete the following sentences using a feeling.  Try to use a  different feeling for each sentence.

When someone is rude to me I feel 

_________________________________________________

When someone is kind to me I feel 

_________________________________________________

If I were given a surprise party I would feel 

______________________________________________

When I say something stupid I feel 

________________________________________________________


If someone bullied me on-line I would feel

 ___________________________________________


When all of my friends are out of town I feel

 _____________________________________________


Just before test grades are passed out, I feel

______________________________________________

When I talk to someone I really like I feel 

_________________________________________________

When I am criticized I feel 

____________________________________________________________________

When I win at a sport I feel

 _________________________________________________________________


Can you name different feelings?  Did you think of some of these?

            Angry, mad, sad, depressed, annoyed, happy, elated, terrified, worried, distraught, confused, lonely, excited, stressed, fatigued, anxious, nervous, belittled, surprised, relaxed, frustrated, degraded




Grace Wilhelm is a National Board Certified Counselor with experience in mental health and school counseling.  She enthusiastically presents to counselors, teachers, youth workers, and parents on anger, stress, crises intervention, communication, data, counseling programs, play sessions, and more. 

Like Counselor Games on Facebook at facebook.com/counselorgames

No comments:

Post a Comment