Sunday, December 21, 2014

10 Super Sentences to Name Feelings


                         Sentence Completion Activity
                        to help students name feelings. 

Many times, students express themselves with only three feelings: happy, sad, angry.  Use this activity to get them to recognize and define other feelings. 




Complete the following sentences using a feeling.  Try to use a different feeling for each sentence.

When someone is rude to me I feel 


________________________________________________________


When someone is kind to me I feel 

________________________________________________________

If I were given a surprise party I would feel

 ______________________________________________

When I say something stupid I feel 

________________________________________________________

If someone bullied me on-line I would feel

 ___________________________________________

When all of my friends are out of town I feel

 _____________________________________________

Just before test grades are passed out, I feel

______________________________________________

When I talk to someone I really like I feel 

_________________________________________________

When I am criticized I feel 

____________________________________________________________________

When I win at a sport I feel

 _________________________________________________________________


Can you name different feelings?  Did you think of some of these?

            Angry, mad, sad, depressed, annoyed, happy, elated, terrified, worried, distraught, confused, lonely, excited, stressed, fatigued, anxious, nervous, belittled, surprised, relaxed, frustrated, degraded



Grace Wilhelm is a National Board Certified Counselor with experience in mental health and school counseling.  She enthusiastically presents to counselors, teachers, youth workers, and parents on anger, stress, crises intervention, communication, data, counseling programs, play sessions, and more.  Contact Grace at grace@counselorgames.com.  It is play therapy for schools.  
Get more ideas, lessons, and special offers.
Join the mailing list to receive the newsletter and special offers: 

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
   
   
   
   
   
   
    Email Format
  •  

   


No comments:

Post a Comment